- What is length? Length is the longest extent of anything.
- Lengths are measured in metres, centimetres, decametres and so on.
Converting metres into centimetres
- Now that you know 1 metre = 100 centimetres, can you say
- 2 metres = __________ cm
- 5 metres = __________ cm
- 13 metres = __________ cm
Addition of length
Subtraction of length
Practice these questions
Q1) Estimate the height of each picture in centimetres.
Q2) Measure the height of the picture using a centimetre ruler.
- Who is taller? ______________
- By how much? ________________
Q3) Fill in the proper unit. Given: 1 metre = 100 centimetres