Units of Time: Here are the units that we use in our daily life to check the time.
Time Interval: Time interval is defined as period between two points of time.
For example: The time interval between 12 o’ clock and 1 o’clock is 1 hour.
Conversion of Minutes into Hours: Follow the given steps
- Divide the number of minutes by 60
- Quotient defines the number of hours.
- The remainder is number of minutes.
Conversion of Seconds into Minutes:
- Divide the number of seconds by 60.
- The quotient defines the number of minutes.
- The remainder defines the number of seconds greater than full minutes.
Addition and Subtraction of Time: Always add or subtract the hours, minutes and seconds separately.
- Convert following into hours:
- 230 minutes
- 346 minutes
- 198 minutes
- Convert following into minutes:
- 240 seconds
- 360 seconds
- 196 seconds
- Add the following:
- 4 hrs 16 min and 6 hrs 20 min
- 6 hrs 09 min and 7 hrs 19 min
- 2 hrs 18 min and 3 hrs 22 min
- Subtract the following:
- 4 hrs 34 min from 6 hrs 44 min
- 1 hrs 25 min from 4 hrs 13 min
- 3 hrs 44 min from 8 hrs 60 min
- Tell the time in the following watch:
- 1 minute = 60 seconds, 1 hour = 60 minutes and 1 day = 24 hours
- 1 day = 24 hours, 1 week = 7 days and 1 year = 12 months/ 365 days
- Calendar is a chart to represent the months, weeks and days.
- Leap Year has 366 days.